Udexia - puzzle #9

Stucked at puzzle #9? You’ve come to the right place!

You can discuss your doubts and progress here, but beware of spoilers: please use one of the two following methods, accessible by clicking on the gear icon while writing your answer.

1. Hidden text version 1 (click to reveal):
[spoiler]This text will be hidden .[/spoiler]

This text will be hidden.

1. Hidden text version 2 (click to expand):
[details="Spoiler"]
[/details]
Spoiler

Good luck in solving all mysteries of Udexia!

2 Likes

I’ve got the first two hints given but I don’t know what to do from there.

2 Likes

Think about the alphabet .

1 Like

A=1, B=2…

1 Like

I’ve read the two hints, I’ve even pulled up a photo of the alphabet and counted, I’m still not sure how to solve this one…

1 Like

Are you sure you rotated in the right direction?

2 Likes

Having just solved this puzzle, I’m not convinced it’s set out correctly.

Spoiler

Having quite a bit of experience with ciphers, I recognised this immediately as a shift cipher. However, shifting the letters in the direction specified gave me something bizarre like ‘Avmsy’, which obviously wasn’t the correct answer. I eventually tried shifting the letters in the opposite direction from the ones specified. That gave me an answer which turned out to be correct. I see nothing on the page to indicate that the black and white arrows should be reversed, but the correct answer is only reachable by doing so.

2 Likes
Spoiler

Perhaps the intention is that we visualise physically rotating the wheels in the direction of the arrows? That would provide the right answer. However, I feel it’s misleading and means that people think they are going about the puzzle the wrong way when in fact they are correct.

2 Likes

Hi and thanks for your feedback. In our initial test phase, we tried the other way around and got the same feedback, so it seems that what’s natural for some people does feel a bit weird for others. We decided to stick to what seems natural for us when you’re in front of the padlock, and added a specific hint for Avmsy

1 Like